COVID19 Business Continuity & Resource Guide at Adster Creative
We understand that you – like many business owners – aren’t sure what to do when a global health pandemic forces you to alter how you are operating. We are here for you, and not just for advertising! We have many processes, tools, and systems that we would be happy to share with you when and if the time comes. Working remote and conducting meetings via screen shares are core to our business and we’ve successfully utilized these systems for over a decade.
A few highlights:
- We are looking for strategic ways to assist you in managing your marketing budget
- We believe that the way through this will be and has been to consistently demonstrate value to you our clients – we are trying to set the example through this outreach, and have a plan to help you do the same!
We’ve put together resources here that we’ll update frequently to assist you and your customers (both from a marketing and business lens):
Updated 2020-04-23 11:36 MST
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- As a Canadian employer whose business has been affected by COVID-19, you may be eligible for a subsidy of 75% of employee wages for up to 12 weeks, retroactive from March 15, 2020, to June 6, 2020.
- Federal Canadian Business Wage Subsidy:
- A remittance subsidy equal to 10% over 3 months, up to a maximum subsidy of $1,375 per employee and $25,000 per employer has been set up for small business owners. Businesses will be able to benefit immediately from this support by reducing their remittances of income tax withheld on their employees’ remuneration.
- A wage subsidy equal to 75% for March, April, May (compared to 2019). Note, this is not remittance, this is a direct subsidy on employees salaries (CEWS)
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Provide interest-free credit facilities of up to $40,000 to eligible businesses. If the loan is repaid by December 31, 2022, 25 per cent (up to $10,000) will be forgiven. If the loan is not repaid by December 31, 2022, the remaining balance will be converted to a three-year term loan at 5 per cent interest.
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA)
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) program is for small businesseses that, will seek to provide loans and/or forgivable loans to commercial property owners who in turn will lower or forgo the rent of small businesses for the months of April (retroactive), May, and June.
- Corporate Tax Returns:
- The Canada Revenue Agency will allow all businesses to defer, until after August 31, 2020, the payment of any income tax amounts that become owing on or after today and before September 2020.
- Personal Tax Returns:
- For individuals (other than trusts), the return filing due date will be deferred until June 1, 2020. However, the Agency encourages individuals who expect to receive benefits under the GSTC or the Canada Child Benefit not to delay the filing of their return to ensure their entitlements for the 2020-21 benefit year are properly determined.
- BDC Small Business Loan:
- Small business owners can get up a loan, online, for up to $100k for their business.
- Work-Sharing Program:
- Allows for eligible employers to retain skilled employees and workers to remain employed during the temporary downturn in business due to COVID-19
- Facebook Boost Grants:
- Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where they operate.
- COVID 19 Support for Albertans:
- The Alberta government will provide immediate financial relief to Alberta’s families and vulnerable populations.
- CFIB COVID Resource Guide:
- Canadian Federation of Independent Businesses resource guide
Some of the questions our account and strategy team will ask during our calls with you as, we are looking for ways to help YOU and your CUSTOMERS through this!
- Tell me a little bit about what you are seeing on your end?
- How does this affect you, directly or indirectly?
- Are your employees working remotely? If so, can anything Adster uses internally, help you be productive remote (ie: Google Hangouts, Google docs, etc)?
- Are you experiencing other disruptions to your business processes?
- How does it impact your customers?
- Action plan (for our team)
This is an uncertain time for business of all types, and the situation changes by the hour. Let us know how we can help – we’re in this together!