Career Opportunity: Junior to Intermediate Developer
Adster Creative is looking for an energetic, customer-oriented individual to join our team in the role of a Junior Developer. This position is perfect for those with a desire to further develop their knowledge of digital marketing, tracking/measurement, and web development.
Joining our team of enthusiastic and motivated individuals will fast track your career and offer opportunities for development both professionally and personally. You’ll gain a broad overview of all digital marketing services such as Google Adwords, Analytics, SEO, content marketing & more.
Position: Junior Developer
Deadline: HIRED! Check to see if we’re hiring for other positions here!
Qualified candidates will be asked to first conduct a phone prescreen to identify their technical ability.
Some of the questions that may be asked will include your level of comfort and examples of using the following:
|Question||Self Assess of Technical Skills (if applicable)|
|1||WordPress: Changing on-site items such as sliders, widgets, navigation, etc. Install/change themes; visual changes. Make changes to the theme via editor (templates, php, etc)|
|2||Google Ads: Search Campaign builds / management / optimization. Display Builds/management/ optimization. Search Impression share, negative keywords, bid optimization|
|3||Social Ads: Facebook/Instagram & more|
|4||Analytics: Base reporting, secondary dimensions, multi-channel funnels, assisted conversions|
|5||Technical SEO: Diagnosing issues, using tools (Ahrefs, Moz, Search Console)|
|6||Local Search: GMB, Local ranking factors, citations, Local SEO software (BrightLocal, Whitespark)|
|7||Link Building: Finding/vetting quality links, link outreach, tracking progress|
|8||Copywriting: Writing & editing copy, optimizing copy for search.|
In only three years, we have experienced explosive growth (winner of Venture Magazine’s Fast Growth 50, two years running). At this stage, as fun as all that dang growth is, we’re looking for long-term team members who value work-life balance, supportive peers, hands-on experience, a positive work environment and a desire to help our agency deliver quality results and excellent customer service to our growing list of clients.
Only apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Have excellent communication & customer service skills: Do you love dealing with and interacting with people? Are you organized and do you have a strong attention to detail? Does the thought of managing 5-15 accounts scare, or excite you?
- Enjoy Analytics & technical work Do you REALLY like technical work and data? Are you kind of a nerd? Does data & analysis sound like a sweet Friday night in?
- Driven to succeed & display initiative: Do you want to be part of something unique, and do you like where we’re going and ‘what this could be’?
- Are flexible & adaptable: Are you willing to take on challenging, yet rewarding work with a ‘no excuses’ attitude?
- Enjoy teamwork, but prefer working independently: You’ll love it here if you’re an independent worker that’s self-motivated to stay on task and completes high quality work efficiently, but also enjoys working within a collaborative team.
1. Full Duties:
Your role will be to assist our client facing digital marketing team with technical and support, web development and related duties pursuant to getting their clients great results, as well as being the office “techie” helping our staff with basic computer software issues, email issues, etc. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
a. Technical SEO & Implementation
- Setup and install Google Analytics / Tag Manager on client websites and troubleshooting of related issues.
- Technical optimization and website upgrades as assigned by digital marketing specialists.
- Speed modifications to website servers (caching, compression etc.).
- Optimization / minification of CSS / HTML and other code-based efficiency.
- Image optimization and compressions.
b. HTML / CSS / PHP Implementation & Troubleshooting
- PSD to Code (WordPress & other common CMS)
- Help our account managers address basic issues with WordPress and related CMS driven websites (widgets, style issues, basic PHP errors).
- Make basic improvements and adjustments to our client’s websites via HTML and CSS as outlined by a visual example (PSD / PNG mockup).
- Documents, tests, implements and maintains web pages and multimedia design using appropriate web publishing, editing and graphics applications.
- Implement design standards and styles that ensure a high level of design and coding efficiency consistent with current standards, laws, and trends.
- Work with account management team regarding website maintenance and enhancements. Investigate website issues and coordinates resolutions.
- Assign more complex technical work to our senior developer.
c. Office Tech ‘Troubleshooter’:
- Assist the “older” folks at Adster with Computer and tech issues.
- Computer operating system updates and software issues.
- E-mail troubleshooting, setups, and config issues.
2. Desired Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree.
- Degree in Marketing or Business Administration is an asset.
- Google AdWords / Google Analytics certification is an asset.
- At least one year of experience managing client accounts for an advertising or marketing agency.
- Strong experience as a project manager for multiple projects at a time.
- Experience compiling and reviewing/editing reports prior to client interactions.
- Experience with paid digital media including Google AdWords or Bing Ads.
3. Beneficial Knowledge:
- Knowledge of using website analytics tools for statistical analysis and reporting.
- An understanding of search engines, search engine optimization (SEO) and basic factors that can influence rankings.
- An understanding of the impact of other online marketing activities (e.g. social media).
- Online Advertising (PPC), Usability (UX).
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or other CMS.
4. Required Skills:
- Excellent customer relationship building skills.
- Skillful in managing multiple projects at one time and hitting deadlines.
- A high standard of written English.
- Ability to create eye-catching ad copy.
- Can think strategically, able to analyze data and identify & implement recommendations.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Must be organized and have a strong ability to prioritize.
- Strong desire for continuous learning and self-development.
- Ability to be assertive, yet communicate client concerns to the team.
- Excellent communication skills, with talent to create rapport with clients, associates and your Adster Team.
- Ability to clearly present and explain complex subjects to an executive audience.
- Can facilitate positive and productive client meetings in person or on a call.
- An independent worker that is self-motivated to stay on task and complete work efficiently (with high quality), but also enjoys working with a team.
- A sense of humour and ability to have FUN!
6. Why work at Adster?
- Challenging and rewarding opportunity to work at one of Alberta’s most respected & fastest growing digital advertising agencies.
- Paid attendance of workshops, conferences, and classes directly related to your field.
- Monthly staff lunches.
- Flexible hours.
- Free pop, water, energy drinks and goodies onsite!
- Casual dress – minus the occasional Adster blue jacket 🙂
- Free parking.
- Onsite foosball table & games!
- Staff BBQ’s and regular outings
- Quarterly profit sharing
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “Junior Developer” or fill out our Online Application!