ALBERTA’S FAVORITE PANCAKE HOUSE
IHOP® came to our team in 2018, hoping to increase their brand awareness, digital footprint and drive foot traffic to their multiple locations throughout Alberta. IHOP had been experimenting with social media and knew it was time to ‘go digital’ and promote their Canadian locations with targeted digital advertising. After speaking with the client, our team worked with IHOP to identify how we could best leverage our full suite of digital services to help them create the best online presence possible!
- Promote awareness of their brand and increase their digital traffic and followers
- Drive foot traffic to 9 Canadian locations
- Promote LTO (limited time offer) campaigns
- Track results without Google Analytics access (as an IHOP franchise, we did not obtain access to their corporate website)
WHAT WE DID
- Created and optimized Google Search & Display campaigns
- Created and optimized Facebook & Instagram campaigns
- Created specific LTO campaigns in relation to their internal marketing efforts
- Tracked performance using clicks, impressions, store visits, reach, and GMB insights
- In just under 30 days, our Google Ads campaign drove 766 customers to the store which was tracked using store visits. Of those 766 customers, 61 of these customers were driven by the general search campaign, which means they were not searching specifically for IHOP
- Request for driving directions rose 58% year-over-year
- Clicks to the website rose over 22% year-over-year
- Achieved significantly higher reach and rates of engagement (link clicks, shares, page likes, post likes) through ads on Instagram
- Achieved 5x the reach and 24x the clicks on Instagram vs Facebook.