Career Opportunity: Technology Manager
Adster Creative is looking for a technical wizard to join our team in the role of Technology Manager.
- Your duties will be split between Multi Media Management & Adster Creative on internal applications and client projects.
- You’ll also be the upline for our development team and help our management and strategy teams with complex web applications and hard-to-solve technical problems.
- Your role will be to assist our client-facing digital marketing team and in-house development team with technical support, web development and related duties in order to get our clients the best results possible.
Position: Technology Manager
Deadline: HIRED! Check to see if we’re hiring for other positions here!
Qualified candidates will be asked to first conduct a phone/email prescreen to identify your technical ability.
Some of the questions that may be asked will include your level of comfort and examples of using the following:
|Question||Self Assess of Technical Skills (if applicable)|
|1||WordPress: Changing on-site items such as sliders, widgets, navigation, etc. Install/change themes; visual changes. Make changes to the theme via editor (templates, php, etc)|
|2||Google Ads: Search Campaign builds / management / optimization. Display Builds/management/ optimization. Search Impression share, negative keywords, bid optimization|
|3||Social Ads: Facebook/Instagram & more|
|4||Analytics: Base reporting, secondary dimensions, multi-channel funnels, assisted conversions|
|5||Technical SEO: Diagnosing issues, using tools (Ahrefs, Moz, Search Console)|
|6||Local Search: GMB, Local ranking factors, citations, Local SEO software (BrightLocal, Whitespark)|
|7||Link Building: Finding/vetting quality links, link outreach, tracking progress|
|8||Copywriting: Writing & editing copy, optimizing copy for search.|
|9||Project Management: Familiarity with project management, project management tools & client communication|
Over the last decade, the team at Adster has experienced explosive growth (winner of Venture Magazine’s Fast Growth 50, two years running). At this stage, as fun as all that dang growth is, we’re looking for long-term team members who value work-life balance, supportive peers, hands-on experience, a positive work environment and a desire to help our agency deliver quality results and excellent customer service to our growing list of clients.
High Level Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist two companies with development initiatives & projects including custom website builds, custom web application development
- Help create new processes for website creation, quality assurance, project scoping, and more
- Routine support for our junior developers and strategy team
- Increase Adster’s overall efficiency as it pertains to development
- Increase client satisfaction via the use of technology
- Managing our internal and outsourced developers and assembling additional development resources when required to complete complex web and application projects within specified timelines
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: participate/lead team meetings, provide feedback on leads, share your knowledge in blog posts and case studies.
Duties & Responsibility Breakdown
Technical Lead & Custom Projects (60%)
- Assist Adster and Multi Media Management development initiatives & projects
- Ongoing development, maintenance and upgrade of SuperDASH™, Adster’s proprietary reporting dashboard
- Laravel & custom web application development
- Work with stakeholders to identify, scope, and assign / assist with development for websites like Energy Job Shop
- Outsourced development & resource management
- Managing our internal and outsourced developers
- When required, assembling and managing additional developers, teams and resources (making connections, establishing relationships with offshore teams, etc.) to complete complex web and application projects within specified timelines
Tier 2 Support for In-House Web Development Team (30%)
- Weekly scheduled meetings with in-house development team for mentoring on technical SEO, HTML, CSS, PHP, Laravel, hosting, and more!
- Technical SEO, tracking & measurement setup assistance
- Address advanced issues our developers & digital marketing team experience with but not limited to:
- Setup and install Google Analytics / Tag Manager on client websites and troubleshooting of related issues.
- Technical optimization and website upgrades
- Speed modifications to website servers
- Image optimization and compression
- HTML / CSS / PHP Implementation & Troubleshooting
- Assist in house development team with complex HTML / CSS & PHP issues which may include:
- Help our account managers address basic issues with WordPress and related CMS driven websites
- Make basic improvements and adjustments to our client’s websites via HTML and CSS as outlined by a visual example
- Document, test, implement and maintain web pages using appropriate web publishing, editing and graphics applications.
- Implement design standards and styles that ensure a high level of coding efficiency consistent with current best practices
- Work with the strategy/account management team regarding website maintenance and enhancements.
Google Apps, Google Drive Assistance, Basic IT & Server & Hosting Administration (10%)
- Assist with Google Apps user administration, Google Drive, Team Drive etc.
- Assist team with advanced Google Sheets scripts, formulas, and internal dashboard adjustments
- Assist with server maintenance and upkeep (up-time robot, WHM, hosting switches)
- Assist with server upgrades and ongoing client support
- Assist with client hosting transfers, DNS updates etc.
- Speed modifications to website servers (caching, compression etc.)
Our Technology Manager …
- Is a problem solver
- Has the ability to prioritize when multiple projects occur at once
- Is really interested in the work – they spend their own time researching, learning about industry trends, reading books about marketing, data, whatever!
- Can easily & clearly present/explain complex subjects to any audience
- Has a strong desire for continuous learning and self-development
- Has a positive attitude, and a desire to take ownership of both achievements and mistakes
- Is an independent worker that self-motivates to complete work efficiently (with high quality) but also enjoys working with a team
- Has a sense of humour and ability to have fun – we have a relaxed working atmosphere but we also work pretty dang hard
Desired Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience as a web developer
- 2+ years experience with various PHP frameworks including Laravel
- 3+ years working in a marketing or web development agency
- 2+ years experience with GitHub
- 2+ years experience with Envoyer
- 2+ years experience with hosting – we offer hosting as a service to our clients
- Experience with project management software like Teamwork
- Skillful in managing multiple projects at one time and hitting deadlines
- Experience with WordPress, Shopify, Wix, Squarespace and other CMSs
- Experience with Google Workspace: Google Team Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Knowledge of using website analytics tools for statistical analysis and reporting.
- An understanding of search engines, search engine optimization (SEO) and basic factors that can influence rankings
- An understanding of the impact of online marketing activities
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Google Ads / Google Analytics certification is an asset
What Adster Creative can offer
- A strong work-life balance. This is really important to all of our team members, across the board.
- Work remotely from home – we’re based in Edmonton but currently working remote and open to team members working across Canada!
- Quarterly performance reviews & coaching
- 2 weeks paid vacation to start, more based on additional years of service (or related experience)
- Annual health spending account
- Paid attendance of workshops, conferences, and learning opportunities directly related to your field
- All those fun agency things you hear about: staff lunches, office snacks, that good coffee – when safe to do so.
- Flexible hours: do you like working from 7am-3pm? We can do that! Prefer 9am-5pm? That works too. Let’s chat about what works best for you!
- Quarterly profit sharing, if applicable to your role.
*If you don’t meet some of these requirements, but still think you’re a good fit – we hope you apply anyways so we have the opportunity to chat!
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Technology Manager” or fill out our Online Application!