Career Opportunity: SEO Specialist
Adster is looking for an SEO Specialist to join our Edmonton team! The ideal candidate will be interested in all things SEO & digital marketing related and have the desire to learn even more about online marketing. They will be passionate about servicing clients at a high level, and all the technical aspects that come with SEO (301’s, content structure, citations/link creation, Google Maps & Google My Business & more). This is not an entry-level position, and we’re seeking individuals with intermediate to advanced experience.
Position: SEO Specialist
Deadline: HIRED! Check to see if we’re hiring for other positions here!
In only three years, we have experienced explosive growth (winner of Venture Magazine’s Fast Growth 50, two years running). At this stage, as fun as all that dang growth is, we’re looking for long-term team members who value work-life balance, supportive peers, hands-on experience, a positive work environment and a desire to help our agency deliver quality results and excellent customer service to our growing list of clients.
Only apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Have excellent communication & customer service skills: Do you love dealing and interacting with people? Are you organized and do you have a strong attention to detail? Does the thought of managing 15-20 accounts scare, or excite you?
- Enjoy Analytics & technical work Do you REALLY like technical work and data? Are you kind of a nerd? Does data & analysis sound like a sweet Friday night in?
- Driven to succeed & display initiative: Do you want to be part of something unique, and do you like where we’re going and ‘what this could be’?
- Are flexible & adaptable: Are you willing to take on challenging, yet rewarding work with a ‘no excuses’ attitude?
- Enjoy team work, but prefer working independently: You’ll love it here if you’re an independent worker that’s self-motivated to stay on task and completes high quality work efficiently, but also enjoys working within a collaborative team.
1. Full Duties:
a.) High Level Account Management:
- Assist the senior leadership team with identifying issues with SEO & Digital Marketing processes, training & help roll out updated processes & training to account management team.
- Assisting Account Managers with technical input during client meetings with “key” accounts.
- Provide overflow coverage, and potential client communication with varying ‘key’ accounts
b.) Department Coaching & Mentor-ship (Strategist & Account Management Team):
- Participate and perform weekly scheduled reviews and account manager weeklies with your team assisting them with:
- Liaison with the Senior Software Architect on larger issues regarding scope and complex technical matters.
- Report to the Project Supervisor on a weekly basis the overall health of Adster Creative clients covering core KPI’s (TBD)
- Engage in one hour per week of advanced mentoring and knowledge sharing with Company CVO and/or CEO.
c.) Search Engine Optimization Duties:
- Conduct detailed keyword research for new and existing SEO programs<
- Perform on-page optimization of content based on keyword research through Google Analytics, Google Adwords and program goals
- Provide content improvement suggestions with a view to improving organic traction and metrics
- Monitor KPI’s using analytics tools (e.g. Google Webmaster Tools, SEO MOZ, Bright Local and Google Analytics) to assess opportunities and issues
- Initiate regular interaction with account teams and other internal stakeholders to monitor campaign progress and performance
- Citation & Link outreach (Digital PR) and acquisition
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of the SEO industry
d.) Website Audits, Proposals & On-boarding Meetings:
- Digital Marketing Research, Website Audits & Setup Initiatives:Performing technical website audits to identify opportunities, find potential issues and create high value digital marketing proposals based on your findings that meet the clients needs and expected outcomes
- Undergo keyword research, website structure, content research, competitive research, link research and pair these with appropriate measurement systems (analytics, proprietary and others)
- Provide additional SEM / PPC strategist that also assist the client in achieving their goals
Assist in new client acquisition by:Assisting in subsequent sales meetings (in person or go to meeting) to relay information to potential clients (new sales & renewals)
e.) Personal Development & Ongoing Training:
- A min of 2 – 3 hours per week (generally ‘off hours’) spent on personal development activities (attendance of conferences, presentations; reading/writing, creation of blog posts, books, and related)
2 Desired Skills & Experience:
- Educated to college/university degree level or higher.
- Degree in Marketing or Business Administration is an asset.
- Google AdWords Certification is an asset
- Google Analytics Certification is an asset
- An acute understanding of the typical Adster Creative client, the client’s needs, buyer “persona” and how digital marketing and Adster’s available products are best provided as a solution to this client.
- In depth knowledge of Google Analytics (filtering, segments, custom dashboards)
- Technical SEO – Experience with site errors, duplicate content, site penalties, link spam, and optimized coding architecture
- Local SEO – Citation Building and consolidation, Google Maps
- Organic SEO – Competitive Analysis & High Value Link Building
- Moderate understanding of content management systems, HTML, CSS and other technologies that impact digital marketing
- Basic understanding of Google AdWords & PPC Advertising.
- 2 years minimum experience in a digital marketing account management capacity
- Excellent communication skills and customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Attention to detail
- In the field experience with a variety of online advertising mediums (PPC/Display/SEO etc), Usability (UX, PR, CTA).
- Knowledge of WordPress and other CMS platforms
- Skillful in managing multiple projects at one time and hitting deadlines.
- A high standard of written English.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Must be organized and have a strong ability to prioritize.
- Strong desire for continuous learning and self-development.
- Positive attitude, and desire to take ownership of achievements and mistakes.
- Ability to be assertive, yet communicate client concerns to team.
- Excellent communication skills, with talent to create rapport with clients, associates, and your Adster Team.
- Ability to clearly present and explain complex subjects to executive audience.
- Can facilitate positive and productive client meetings in person or on a call.
- An independent worker that self-motivates to stay on task and complete work efficiently (with high quality), but also enjoys working with a team.
- Sense of humour and ability to have FUN!
4. Why work at Adster?
- Challenging and rewarding opportunity to work at one of Alberta’s most respected & fastest growing digital advertising agencies.
- Paid attendance of workshops, conferences, and classes directly related to your field
- Monthly staff lunches
- Flexible hours
- Free pop, water, energy drinks and goodies onsite!
- Casual dress – minus the occasional Adster blue jacket 🙂
- Free parking
- Onsite foosball table & games!
- Staff BBQ’s and regular outings
- Quarterly profit sharing
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “SEO Specialist” or fill out our online application here!”