Career Opportunity: Senior Digital Strategist
Adster is looking for a Senior Digital Strategist (senior strategist) to join our team. The ideal candidate is interested in all things SEO and digital marketing. A desire to learn more every day is also required!
- This is not an entry level position: we are seeking individuals with intermediate to advanced experience.
- Our senior strategist’s favorite questions will be: ‘why’ and ‘how can I fix it’: Why did leads drop suddenly for this client, and what can I do to solve it?
Position: Senior Digital Strategist
Salary: Negotiable based on experience level
Deadline: CLOSED! Check to see if we’re hiring for other positions here!
Qualified candidates will be asked to first conduct a phone/email prescreen to identify your technical ability.
Some of the questions that may be asked will include your level of comfort and examples of using the following:
|Question||Self Assess of Technical Skills (if applicable)|
|1||WordPress: Changing on-site items such as sliders, widgets, navigation, etc. Install/change themes; visual changes. Make changes to the theme via editor (templates, php, etc)|
|2||Google Ads: Search Campaign builds / management / optimization. Display Builds/management/ optimization. Search Impression share, negative keywords, bid optimization|
|3||Social Ads: Facebook/Instagram & more|
|4||Analytics: Base reporting, secondary dimensions, multi-channel funnels, assisted conversions|
|5||Technical SEO: Diagnosing issues, using tools (Ahrefs, Moz, Search Console)|
|6||Local Search: GMB, Local ranking factors, citations, Local SEO software (BrightLocal, Whitespark)|
|7||Link Building: Finding/vetting quality links, link outreach, tracking progress|
|8||Copywriting: Writing & editing copy, optimizing copy for search.|
|9||Project Management: Familiarity with project management, project management tools & client communication|
Over the last decade, the team at Adster has experienced explosive growth (winner of Venture Magazine’s Fast Growth 50, two years running). At this stage, as fun as all that dang growth is, we’re looking for long-term team members who value work-life balance, supportive peers, hands-on experience, a positive work environment and a desire to help our agency deliver quality results and excellent customer service to our growing list of clients.
Only apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Have excellent communication & customer service skills: Do you love dealing with and interacting with people? Are you organized and do you have a strong attention to detail? Does the thought of managing 5-15 accounts scare, or excite you?
- Enjoy Analytics & technical work Do you REALLY like technical work and data? Are you kind of a nerd? Does data & analysis sound like a sweet Friday night in?
- Driven to succeed & display initiative: Do you want to be part of something unique, and do you like where we’re going and ‘what this could be’?
- Are flexible & adaptable: Are you willing to take on challenging, yet rewarding work with a ‘no excuses’ attitude?
- Enjoy teamwork, but prefer working independently: You’ll love it here if you’re an independent worker that’s self-motivated to stay on task and completes high quality work efficiently, but also enjoys working within a collaborative team.
Our dream senior strategist…
- Asks why
- Is a problem solver
- Makes data driven decisions first
- Is really organized – we use project management software with a steep learning curve but it won’t help if you aren’t inherently organized
- Has the ability to prioritize when multiple projects occur at once
- Is really interested in the work – they spend their own time researching, learning about industry trends, reading books about marketing, data, whatever!
- Is assertive and communicates client concerns to the team and vice versa
- Can easily & clearly present/explain complex subjects to any audience
- Can facilitate positive and productive client meetings in person or on a call
- Has a strong desire for continuous learning and self-development
- Has a positive attitude, and a desire to take ownership of both achievements and mistakes
- Is an independent worker that self-motivates to complete work efficiently (with high quality) but also enjoys working with a team
- Sense of humour and ability to have fun – we have a relaxed working atmosphere but we also work pretty dang hard
High Level Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide feedback on client accounts/modules, included but not limited to:
- On-site improvements/optimization
- Link building research & acquisition
- Local SEO/reputation monitoring
- Identify high level trends occurring in client accounts to order to improve their short and long term performance
- Assisting annual client renewals
- Responsible for team mentoring & training as it pertains to strategy
- Identify industry trends that impact client accounts
- Set the strategic direction for all high tier clients
- Account management for high tier clients
- Create new processes for the team as required
- Develop actionable strategies & guides that help clients meet their organizational goals
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: participate/lead team meetings, provide feedback on leads, share your knowledge in blog posts and case studies.
Duties & Responsibility Breakdown
High Tier Account Management (20%):
Adster’s senior strategist will only manage complex or ‘high tier’ accounts that require more comprehensive service. This service includes regular meetings and ongoing communication outside those meetings. The senior strategist must also be available to assist team members when additional support is needed with other clients. For example: joining a meeting to clarify a complex topic or explain quarterly goals/strategy.
- Perform monthly/quarterly client meetings with high tier clients to discuss their accounts
- Clients pay a premium to meet with our senior strategist and must be given priority, as well as constant communication.
- Maintain proactive communication with clients
- Create a personalized approach to getting to know and communicate with clients– This may include but not limited to: regularly scheduled emails, phone calls, screen shares or in-person meetings
- Collect, organize and store client information
- Assist account management/strategy team with their client meeting as required
Department Mentorship & ongoing training (20%):
Adster looks to our senior strategist as top of the line support for troubleshooting client account issues
- Assisting strategy team with:
- Account performance
- Mentoring & coaching
- SEO / PPC strategy
- Client renewals
- Liaise with the development team on technical matters
- Report to the Operations Manager/Team Lead on a bi-weekly or monthly basis the overall health of clients covering core KPI’s
- Engage in advanced mentoring and knowledge sharing with company president
Senior Strategist Duties (45%):
- Set the strategic direction for SEO clients and applicable PPC clients
- Plan their monthly/quarterly tasks from a strategic point of view
- Identify high level trends occurring in client accounts to improve account
- Understand important KPIs for each client and how the Adster team can work towards those goals
- Execute campaigns & strategies for your own clients and provide feedback on client accounts/modules for other team members, included but not limited to:
- On-site improvements/optimization
- Link building research & acquisition
- Local SEO/reputation monitoring
- Monitor KPIs for modules using a variety of tools to ensure the success of client accounts (Google Analytics, ahrefs, Google Search Console, Bright Local, Google Data Studio, & more)
- Identify industry trends that may impact client accounts
- Develop actionable strategies and guides that help clients meet their organizational goals
- Work with the team to create new internal processes as needed
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) with and for clients
Website audits / proposales and sales (15%):
- Perform website audits
- Identify opportunities, find potential issues and create digital marketing proposals based on findings that meet the clients needs and expected outcomes
- Undergo keyword research, website structure, content research, competitive research, link research and pair these with appropriate measurement systems
- Provide additional digital marketing & PPC strategies that assist the client in achieving their goals
- Assist in new client acquisition by assisting in sales meetings to relay information to potential clients (new sales & renewals)
Desired Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in a digital marketing account management and/or strategy role
- 3+ years experience with technical SEO (identifying site errors, duplicate content, site pencalities, link spam
- 3+ years experience with Local SEO (optimizing a Google My Business page, troubleshooting duplicate accounts)
- 3+ years experience with link building (research, competitive analysis
- 3+ years experience working on client sites to improve their organic traffic
- 3+ years experience with Google Analytics from a digital marketing perspective
- Filtering data using secondary dimensions, segments, etc to find out what is happening on a client site and how we can improve traffic or leads
- 2+ years experience with PPC advertising
- Knowledge of WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify and Wix
- Ability to edit site content, meta data, build new pages
- You don’t have to know how to code a WordPress site, but knowing the language for how to translate client requests into reality helps our team understand
- Moderate understanding of HTML, CSS and other technologies that impact digital marketing is a huge asset
- Excellent communication skills internally and with clients
- Ability to understand what a client needs before they do i.e. translate their hopes and dreams into actionable items on their website or their ad campaign
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Skillful in managing multiple projects at one time and hitting deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze data and identify & implement recommendations.
- Degree in marketing or related field is an asset
- Google Ads or Facebook Ads certification is an asset
- Google Analytics certification is an asset
What Adster Creative can offer
- A strong work-life balance. This is really important to all of our team members, across the board.
- Work remotely from home – we’re based in Edmonton but currently working remote and open to team members working across Canada!
- Quarterly performance reviews & coaching
- 2 weeks paid vacation to start, more based on additional years of service (or related experience)
- Annual health spending account
- Paid attendance of workshops, conferences, and learning opportunities directly related to your field
- All those fun agency things you hear about: staff lunches, office snacks, that good coffee – when safe to do so.
- Flexible hours: do you like working from 7am-3pm? We can do that! Prefer 9am-5pm? That works too. Let’s chat about what works best for you!
- Quarterly profit sharing, if applicable to your role.
*If you don’t meet some of these requirements, but still think you’re a good fit – we hope you apply anyways so we have the opportunity to chat!