Career Opportunity: PPC Specialist
Adster is looking for a PPC Specialist to join our Edmonton team! The ideal candidate will be interested in all things PPC/SEM related and have the desire to learn even more about online marketing. They will be passionate about servicing clients at a high level, and all the technical aspects that come with PPC!
This is not an entry-level position, and we’re seeking individuals with intermediate to advanced experience.
Position: PPC Specialist
Deadline: HIRED! Check to see if we’re hiring for other positions here!
Qualified candidates will be asked to first conduct a phone prescreen to identify your technical ability.
Some of the questions that may be asked will include your level of comfort and examples of using the following:
|Question||Self Assess of Technical Skills (if applicable)|
|1||WordPress: Changing on-site items such as sliders, widgets, navigation, etc. Install/change themes; visual changes. Make changes to the theme via editor (templates, php, etc)|
|2||Google Ads: Search Campaign builds / management / optimization. Display Builds/management/ optimization. Search Impression share, negative keywords, bid optimization|
|3||Social Ads: Facebook/Instagram & more|
|4||Analytics: Base reporting, secondary dimensions, multi-channel funnels, assisted conversions|
|5||Technical SEO: Diagnosing issues, using tools (Ahrefs, Moz, Search Console)|
|6||Local Search: GMB, Local ranking factors, citations, Local SEO software (BrightLocal, Whitespark)|
|7||Link Building: Finding/vetting quality links, link outreach, tracking progress|
|8||Copywriting: Writing & editing copy, optimizing copy for search.|
|9||Project Management: Familiarity with project management, project management tools & client communication|
In only three years, we have experienced explosive growth (winner of Venture Magazine’s Fast Growth 50, two years running). At this stage, as fun as all that dang growth is, we’re looking for long-term team members who value work-life balance, supportive peers, hands-on experience, a positive work environment and a desire to help our agency deliver quality results and excellent customer service to our growing list of clients.
Only apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Have excellent communication & customer service skills: Do you love dealing with and interacting with people? Are you organized and do you have a strong attention to detail? Does the thought of managing 5-15 accounts scare, or excite you?
- Enjoy Analytics & technical work Do you REALLY like technical work and data? Are you kind of a nerd? Does data & analysis sound like a sweet Friday night in?
- Driven to succeed & display initiative: Do you want to be part of something unique, and do you like where we’re going and ‘what this could be’?
- Are flexible & adaptable: Are you willing to take on challenging, yet rewarding work with a ‘no excuses’ attitude?
- Enjoy teamwork, but prefer working independently: You’ll love it here if you’re an independent worker that’s self-motivated to stay on task and completes high quality work efficiently, but also enjoys working within a collaborative team.
1. Full Duties:
a.) High Level Account Management:
- Assist in the training and mentoring of Digital Marketing Strategists & Digital Account Managers
- Assist the senior leadership team with identifying issues with PPC & Digital Marketing processes, training & help roll out updated processes & training to account management team.
- Assisting Digital Account Managers with technical input during client meetings with “key” accounts
- Provide overflow coverage and client communication with varying ‘key’ accounts
b.) Department Coaching & Mentor-ship (Strategist & Account Management Team):
- Participate and perform weekly scheduled reviews and account manager weeklies with your team assisting them with:
- Account performance
- Mentoring & coaching
- SEO / PPC (where applicable) & Analytics assistance
- Client renewal meetings (if applicable)
- Liaison with the Senior Software Architect on larger issues regarding scope and complex technical matters.
- Engage in one hour per week of advanced mentoring and knowledge sharing with Company CVO and/or CEO.
c.) PPC Duties:
- Conduct detailed keyword research for new and existing PPC programs
- Manage the day-to-day activities across multiple advertising engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) including the campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and optimization of paid search campaigns.
- Develop near and long-term PPC account strategies, roadmaps and execute day-to-day tactics that increase revenue, site traffic, conversion, and margins based on
- Adster’s internal process and SOP’s.
- Assist, train and and coach junior digital account managers and mentor digital marketing strategists
- Monitor KPI’s using analytics tools (e.g. Google Webmaster Tools, SEO MOZ, Bright Local and Google Analytics) to assess opportunities and issues
- Initiate regular interaction with account teams and other internal stakeholders to monitor campaign progress and performance
- Designing and developing conversion tools such as landing pages, webpage content and conversion copy
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of the PPC industry
d.) Website Audits, Proposals & On-boarding Meetings:
- Digital Marketing Research, Website Audits & Setup Iniatives:
- Performing technical website audits to identify opportunities, find potential issues and create high value digital marketing proposals based on your findings that meet the clients needs and expected outcomes
- Undergo keyword research, website structure, content research, competitive research, identify paid opportunities and pair these with appropriate measurement systems (analytics, proprietary and others)
- Assist in new client acquisition by:
- Assisting in subsequent sales meetings (in person or go to meeting) to relay information to potential clients (new sales & renewals)
e.) Personal Development & Ongoing Training:
- A min of 2 – 3 hours per week (generally ‘off hours’) spent on personal development activities (attendance of conferences, presentations; reading/writing, creation of blog posts, books, and related)
2 Desired Skills & Experience:
- Educated to college/university degree level or higher.
- Degree in Marketing or Business Administration is an asset.
- Google AdWords Certification is a must
- Google Analytics Certification is a must
- An acute understanding of the typical Adster Creative client, the client’s needs, buyer “persona” and how digital marketing and Adster’s available products are best provided as a solution to this client.
- 2 years minimum experience in a digital marketing account management capacity
- In depth knowledge of Google Analytics (filtering, segments, custom dashboards)
- Moderate understanding of Organic & Local SEO, High Value Link Building, Google Maps & Technical SEO (site errors, duplicate content, site penalties etc.)
- Moderate understanding of content management systems, HTML, CSS and other technologies that impact digital marketing
- High level of understanding of Google AdWords & PPC Advertising.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Attention to detail
- In the field experience with a variety of online advertising mediums (PPC/Display/SEO etc), Usability (UX, PR, CTA).
- Knowledge of WordPress and other CMS platforms
- Skillful in managing multiple projects at one time and hitting deadlines.
- A high standard of written English.
- Can think strategically, able to analyze data and identify & implement recommendations.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Must be organized and have a strong ability to prioritize.
- Strong desire for continuous learning and self-development.
- Positive attitude, and desire to take ownership of achievements and mistakes.
- Ability to be assertive, yet communicate client concerns to team.
- Excellent communication skills, with talent to create rapport with clients, associates, and your Adster Team.
- Ability to clearly present and explain complex subjects to an executive audience.
- Can facilitate positive and productive client meetings in person or on a call.
- An independent worker that self-motivates to stay on task and complete work efficiently (with high quality), but also enjoys working with a team.
- Sense of humour and ability to have FUN!
What Adster Creative can offer
- A strong work-life balance. This is really important to all of our team members, across the board.
- Work remotely from home – we’re based in Edmonton but currently working remote and open to team members working across Canada!
- Quarterly performance reviews & coaching
- 2 weeks paid vacation to start, more based on additional years of service (or related experience)
- Annual health spending account
- Paid attendance of workshops, conferences, and learning opportunities directly related to your field
- All those fun agency things you hear about: staff lunches, office snacks, that good coffee – when safe to do so.
- Flexible hours: do you like working from 7am-3pm? We can do that! Prefer 9am-5pm? That works too. Let’s chat about what works best for you!
- Quarterly profit sharing, if applicable to your role.
*If you don’t meet some of these requirements, but still think you’re a good fit – we hope you apply anyways so we have the opportunity to chat!
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “PPC Specialist” or fill out our online application here!”