Career Opportunity: Digital Marketing Strategist
As a Digital Marketing Strategist (DMS) your duties range from building personal relationships with multiple clients, building out custom digital marketing campaigns (a mixture of PPC campaigns, Google AdWords, search engine optimization, link & citation building, Google maps optimization & website analytics) while performing monthly progress calls and screen-share meetings with your clients.
Position: Digital Marketing Strategist
Deadline:February 28th / 2020
In only three years, we have experienced explosive growth (winner of Venture Magazine’s Fast Growth 50, two years running). At this stage, as fun as all that dang growth is, we’re looking for long-term team members who value work-life balance, supportive peers, hands-on experience, a positive work environment and a desire to help our agency deliver quality results and excellent customer service to our growing list of clients.
Only apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Have excellent communication & customer service skills: Do you love dealing with and interacting with people? Are you organized and do you have a strong attention to detail? Does the thought of managing 5-15 accounts scare, or excite you?
- Enjoy Analytics & technical work Do you REALLY like technical work and data? Are you kind of a nerd? Does data & analysis sound like a sweet Friday night in?
- Driven to succeed & display initiative: Do you want to be part of something unique, and do you like where we’re going and ‘what this could be’?
- Are flexible & adaptable: Are you willing to take on challenging, yet rewarding work with a ‘no excuses’ attitude?
- Enjoy teamwork, but prefer working independently: You’ll love it here if you’re an independent worker that’s self-motivated to stay on task and completes high quality work efficiently, but also enjoys working within a collaborative team.
1. Full Duties:
Account Management (30-50%):
- Maintain a steady stream of pro-active communication with key clients.
- Create a personalized approach to getting to know your clients. This may include e-mails and scheduled phone calls.
- Collect, organize and store pertinent client information into Adster Creative’s project management software system.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with clients.
- Perform monthly phone meetings & quarterly screen share meetings with clients to discuss the performance of their online marketing campaigns and how the results of our marketing efforts are helping us achieve the clients’ KPIs established early on.
- Coordinate project start-ups and monitor project execution and close-outs.
SEO Duties (25%):
- Work with our SEO Specialist to conduct detailed keyword research for new and existing SEO programs.
- Perform on-page optimization of content based on keyword research through Google Analytics, Google Adwords and program goals.
- Provide content improvement suggestions with a view to improving organic traction and metrics.
- Monitor KPI’s using analytics tools (e.g. Google Webmaster Tools, SEO MOZ, Bright Local and Google Analytics) to assess opportunities and issues.
- Initiate regular interaction with account teams and other internal stakeholders to monitor campaign progress and performance.
- Perform routine Google Maps & Local SEO duties. Includes citation and link outreach (Digital PR) and acquisition.
- Ability to create eye-catching Meta Titles & Meta Descriptions.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of search marketing industry.
PPC Duties (25%):
- Work with our PPC specialist to create effective and compelling digital media campaigns with ongoing adjustments.
- Ongoing training to hone your skills as a PPC strategist.
- Ability to create eye-catching ad copy.
- Provide ongoing support for a list of growing clients.
- Communicate and translate client feedback into actionable items for the Adster team.
- Perform case-by-case meetings with client to discuss paid marketing campaigns performance.
2. Desired Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree.
- Degree in Marketing or Business Administration is an asset.
- Google AdWords / Google Analytics certification is an asset.
- At least one year of experience in a digital marketing capacity (advertising or marketing agency experience preferred).
- Strong experience as a project manager for multiple projects at a time.
- Experience compiling and reviewing/editing reports prior to client interactions.
- Experience with paid digital media including Google AdWords or Bing Ads.
3. Beneficial Knowledge:
- Knowledge of using website analytics tools for statistical analysis and reporting.
- An understanding of search engines, search engine optimization (SEO) and basic factors that can influence rankings.
- An understanding of the impact of other online marketing activities (e.g. social media)
- Online Advertising (PPC), Usability (UX, PR).
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or other CMS.
4. Required Skills:
- Excellent business relationship building skills.
- Skillful in managing multiple projects at one time and hitting deadlines.
- A high standard of written English.
- Ability to create eye-catching ad-copy.
- Can think strategically, able to analyze data and identify & implement recommendations.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Must be organized and have a strong ability to prioritize.
- Strong desire for continuous learning and self-development.
- Ability to be assertive, yet communicate client concerns to the team.
- Excellent communication skills, with talent to create rapport with clients, associates and your Adster Team.
- Ability to clearly present and explain complex subjects to an executive audience.
- Can facilitate positive and productive client meetings in person or on a call.
- An independent worker that is self-motivated to stay on task and complete work efficiently (with high quality), but also enjoys working with a team.
- A sense of humour and ability to have FUN!
6. Why work at Adster?
- Challenging and rewarding opportunity to work at one of Alberta’s most respected & fastest growing digital advertising agencies.
- Paid attendance of workshops, conferences, and classes directly related to your field
- Monthly staff lunches
- Flexible hours
- Free pop, water, energy drinks and goodies onsite!
- Casual dress – minus the occasional Adster blue jacket 🙂
- Free parking
- Onsite foosball table & games!
- Staff BBQ’s and regular outings
- Quarterly profit sharing