Career Opportunity: Digital Marketing Strategist
Adster Creative is looking for a digital marketing strategist to join our team. Our ideal candidate loves executing digital marketing tactics and communicating online marketing wins to clients.
- The ideal candidate will be interested in all things internet related and have the desire to learn even more about online marketing.
- They will be passionate about working with clients at a high level, and enthusiastically advocate for the integration of online marketing into their clients’ marketing mix.
Position: Digital Marketing Strategist
Salary: Negotiable based on experience level
Deadline: CLOSED! Check to see if we’re hiring for other positions here!
Qualified candidates will be asked to first conduct a phone/email prescreen to identify your technical ability.
Some of the questions that may be asked will include your level of comfort and examples of using the following:
|Question||Self Assess of Technical Skills (if applicable)|
|1||WordPress: Changing on-site items such as sliders, widgets, navigation, etc. Install/change themes; visual changes. Make changes to the theme via editor (templates, php, etc)|
|2||Google Ads: Search Campaign builds / management / optimization. Display Builds/management/ optimization. Search Impression share, negative keywords, bid optimization|
|3||Social Ads: Facebook/Instagram & more|
|4||Analytics: Base reporting, secondary dimensions, multi-channel funnels, assisted conversions|
|5||Technical SEO: Diagnosing issues, using tools (Ahrefs, Moz, Search Console)|
|6||Local Search: GMB, Local ranking factors, citations, Local SEO software (BrightLocal, Whitespark)|
|7||Link Building: Finding/vetting quality links, link outreach, tracking progress|
|8||Copywriting: Writing & editing copy, optimizing copy for search.|
|9||Project Management: Familiarity with project management, project management tools & client communication|
Over the last decade, the team at Adster has experienced explosive growth (winner of Venture Magazine’s Fast Growth 50, two years running). At this stage, as fun as all that dang growth is, we’re looking for long-term team members who value work-life balance, supportive peers, hands-on experience, a positive work environment and a desire to help our agency deliver quality results and excellent customer service to our growing list of clients.
Only apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Have excellent communication & customer service skills: Do you love dealing with and interacting with people? Are you organized and do you have a strong attention to detail? Does the thought of managing 5-15 accounts scare, or excite you?
- Enjoy Analytics & technical work Do you REALLY like technical work and data? Are you kind of a nerd? Does data & analysis sound like a sweet Friday night in?
- Driven to succeed & display initiative: Do you want to be part of something unique, and do you like where we’re going and ‘what this could be’?
- Are flexible & adaptable: Are you willing to take on challenging, yet rewarding work with a ‘no excuses’ attitude?
- Enjoy teamwork, but prefer working independently: You’ll love it here if you’re an independent worker that’s self-motivated to stay on task and completes high quality work efficiently, but also enjoys working within a collaborative team.
Our dream digital marketing strategist…
- Loves every aspect of digital marketing from start to finish – for example, crafting the perfect meta title, measuring it, and improving it 90 days later.
- Is really organized – we use project management software with a steep learning curve but it won’t help if you aren’t inherently organized
- Has the ability to prioritize when multiple projects occur at once
- Is assertive and communicates client concerns to the team and vice versa
- Can easily & clearly present/explain complex subjects to any audience
- Can facilitate positive and productive client meetings in person or on a call
- Has a strong desire for continuous learning and self-development
- Has a positive attitude, and a desire to take ownership of both achievements and mistakes
- Thrives in a business environment and is comfortable working with on and off site team members.
- Is interested in the work – they spend their own time researching, learning about industry trends, reading books about marketing, data, whatever!
- Is an independent worker that self-motivates to complete work efficiently (with high quality) but also enjoys working with a team
- Has a strong sense of humour and ability to have fun – we have a relaxed working atmosphere but we also work pretty dang hard
1. Full Duties:
Digital Marketing Strategy Execution (65%):
- Create & execute digital marketing campaigns/strategies and provide feedback on client accounts/modules for other team members, included but not limited to
- PPC (Google Ads, Facebook/Instagram Ads, Bing Ads, etc)
- On-site improvements/optimization
- Content creation
- Link building research & acquisition
- Local SEO
- Monitor and implement ongoing adjustments (as needed) in client work using a variety of tools to ensure the success of digital marketing campaigns (Google Analytics, ahrefs, Google Search Console, Bright Local, Google Data Studio & more)
- I.e. improve client’s click-through rate, organic traffic, conversion rate, etc
- Work with the team to create new internal processes as needed
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of the digital marketing industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Website Audits, Proposals & Sales:
- Perform website audits
- Identify opportunities, find potential issues and create digital marketing proposals based on findings that meet the clients needs and expected outcomes
- Undergo keyword research, website structure, content research, competitive research, link research and pair these with appropriate measurement systems
- Provide additional digital marketing & PPC strategies that assist the client in achieving their goals
- Assist in new client acquisition by assisting in sales meetings to relay information to potential clients (new sales & renewals)
Account Management (35%):
- Maintain proactive communication with clients
- Perform monthly/quarterly client meetings with clients to discuss their accounts
- Reach out to clients in between meetings with update on account performance (STAR updates)
- Create a personalized approach to getting to know and communicate with clients. This may include but not limited to: regularly scheduled emails, phone calls, screen shares or in-person meetings
- Collect, organize and store client information
- Build a high level of satisfaction and trust with clients
- Communicate client feedback and needs to the rest of team with strong internal communication
- Assist other team members with their meetings as required
- Respond to client emails/calls in a timely manner (within one business day)
- Partial responsibility for the overall success of the account (account retention)
- Coordinate project start ups and closeouts (i.e. client onboarding and cancellation)
- Complete annual client renewals
2. Desired Skills & Experience
- 1+ years experience in a digital marketing strategy role
- 1+ years experience with a digital marketing or advertising agency
- Moderate knowledge of all aspects of search engine optimization and paid online advertising
- Knowledge of and experience with: Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook/Instagram Ads
- Knowledge of WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify and Wix
- Ability to edit site content, meta data, build new pages
- You don’t have to know how to code a WordPress site, but knowing the language for how to translate client requests into reality helps our team understand
- Experience writing meta title and descriptions
- Experience with Local SEO, Google My Business/Google Maps optimization
- Experience with link building for clients
- Excellent communication skills internally and with clients
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Skillful in managing multiple projects at one time and hitting deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze data and identify & implement recommendations.
- Degree in marketing or related field is an asset
- Google Ads or Facebook Ads certification is an asset
- Google Analytics certification is an asset
What Adster Creative can offer
- A strong work-life balance. This is really important to all of our team members, across the board.
- Work remotely from home – we’re based in Edmonton but currently working remote and open to team members working across Canada!
- Quarterly performance reviews & coaching
- 2 weeks paid vacation to start, more based on additional years of service (or related experience)
- Annual health spending account
- Paid attendance of workshops, conferences, and learning opportunities directly related to your field
- All those fun agency things you hear about: staff lunches, office snacks, that good coffee – when safe to do so.
- Flexible hours: do you like working from 7am-3pm? We can do that! Prefer 9am-5pm? That works too. Let’s chat about what works best for you!
- Quarterly profit sharing, if applicable to your role.
*If you don’t meet some of these requirements, but still think you’re a good fit – we hope you apply anyways so we have the opportunity to chat!