Career Opportunity: Digital Account Manager
Adster Creative is looking for an energetic, customer-oriented individual to join our team in the role of Account Management. This position is perfect for those with a desire to further develop their knowledge of digital marketing strategies and grow positive client relationships!
- Joining our team of enthusiastic and motivated individuals will fast track your career and offer opportunities for development both professionally and personally.
- You’ll gain a broad overview of all digital marketing services such as Google Adwords, Analytics, SEO, content marketing & more.
Position: Digital Account Manager
Deadline: HIRED! Check to see if we’re hiring for other positions here!
Qualified candidates will be asked to first conduct a phone/email prescreen to identify your technical ability.
Some of the questions that may be asked will include your level of comfort and examples of using the following:
|Question||Self Assess of Technical Skills (if applicable)|
|1||WordPress: Changing on-site items such as sliders, widgets, navigation, etc. Install/change themes; visual changes. Make changes to the theme via editor (templates, php, etc)|
|2||Google Ads: Search Campaign builds / management / optimization. Display Builds/management/ optimization. Search Impression share, negative keywords, bid optimization|
|3||Social Ads: Facebook/Instagram & more|
|4||Analytics: Base reporting, secondary dimensions, multi-channel funnels, assisted conversions|
|5||Technical SEO: Diagnosing issues, using tools (Ahrefs, Moz, Search Console)|
|6||Local Search: GMB, Local ranking factors, citations, Local SEO software (BrightLocal, Whitespark)|
|7||Link Building: Finding/vetting quality links, link outreach, tracking progress|
|8||Copywriting: Writing & editing copy, optimizing copy for search.|
|9||Project Management: Familiarity with project management, project management tools & client communication|
Over the last decade, the team at Adster has experienced explosive growth (winner of Venture Magazine’s Fast Growth 50, two years running). At this stage, as fun as all that dang growth is, we’re looking for long-term team members who value work-life balance, supportive peers, hands-on experience, a positive work environment and a desire to help our agency deliver quality results and excellent customer service to our growing list of clients.
Only apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Have excellent communication & customer service skills: Do you love dealing with and interacting with people? Are you organized and do you have a strong attention to detail? Does the thought of managing 5-15 accounts scare, or excite you?
- Enjoy Analytics & technical work Do you REALLY like technical work and data? Are you kind of a nerd? Does data & analysis sound like a sweet Friday night in?
- Driven to succeed & display initiative: Do you want to be part of something unique, and do you like where we’re going and ‘what this could be’?
- Are flexible & adaptable: Are you willing to take on challenging, yet rewarding work with a ‘no excuses’ attitude?
- Enjoy teamwork, but prefer working independently: You’ll love it here if you’re an independent worker that’s self-motivated to stay on task and completes high quality work efficiently, but also enjoys working within a collaborative team.
1. Full Duties:
Account & Client Management (80%):
- Client facing account management for multiple clients (15 – 25 accounts on average)
- Collect, organize and store pertinent client information into Adster Creative’s project management software system.
- Perform monthly phone meetings & quarterly screen share meetings with clients to discuss the performance of their online marketing campaigns and how the results of our marketing efforts are helping us achieve the clients’ KPIs established early on.
- Coordinate project start-ups and monitor project execution and close-outs.
- Communicate and translate client feedback into actionable items for the Adster Creative strategy team (SEO, PPC and more).
- Perform case-by-case meetings with client to discuss paid marketing, and SEO campaigns performance based on workload done by the team.
- Demonstrate dedication to accurately represent digital campaign results using a variety of tools such as Google Analytics, paid search reports, and various SEO tools.
- Establish goals and drive to meet targets to grow existing client account base.
- Are enthusiastic about building client relationships and offering next level strategy that builds fantastic online results.
- Perform contract renewals alongside business development & senior team based on client needs and suggestions from our digital marketing specialists.
Light Duty Search Engine Optimization & Pay Per Click (20%):
- Provide content improvement suggestions with a view to improving organic traction and metrics.
- Monitor KPI’s using analytics tools (e.g. Google Search Console, Moz, Bright Local and Google Analytics) to assess opportunities and issues.
- Initiate regular interaction with account teams and other internal stakeholders to monitor campaign progress and performance.
- Assist strategy team with citation & link outreach (Digital PR) and acquisition.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of search marketing industry.
- Work with our PPC & SEO specialists to ensure we’re creating effective, and compelling digital media campaigns with ongoing adjustments.
- Ongoing training to hone your skills within PPC.
- Ongoing training to hone your skills within SEO.
2. Desired Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree.
- Degree in Marketing or Business Administration is an asset.
- Google AdWords / Google Analytics certification is an asset.
- At least one year of experience managing client accounts for an advertising or marketing agency.
- Strong experience as a project manager for multiple projects at a time.
- Experience compiling and reviewing/editing reports prior to client interactions.
- Experience with paid digital media including Google AdWords or Bing Ads
3. Beneficial Knowledge:
- Knowledge of using website analytics tools for statistical analysis and reporting.
- An understanding of search engines, search engine optimization (SEO) and basic factors that can influence rankings.
- An understanding of the impact of other online marketing activities (e.g. social media)
- Online Advertising (PPC), Usability (UX).
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or other CMS.
4. Required Skills:
- Excellent customer relationship building skills.
- Skillful in managing multiple projects at one time and hitting deadlines.
- A high standard of written English.
- Ability to create eye-catching ad copy.
- Can think strategically, able to analyze data and identify & implement recommendations.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Must be organized and have a strong ability to prioritize.
- Strong desire for continuous learning and self-development.
- Ability to be assertive, yet communicate client concerns to the team.
- Excellent communication skills, with talent to create rapport with clients, associates and your Adster Team.
- Ability to clearly present and explain complex subjects to an executive audience.
- Can facilitate positive and productive client meetings in person or on a call.
- An independent worker that is self-motivated to stay on task and complete work efficiently (with high quality), but also enjoys working with a team.
- A sense of humour and ability to have FUN!
What Adster Creative can offer
- A strong work-life balance. This is really important to all of our team members, across the board.
- Work remotely from home – we’re based in Edmonton but currently working remote and open to team members working across Canada!
- Quarterly performance reviews & coaching
- 2 weeks paid vacation to start, more based on additional years of service (or related experience)
- Annual health spending account
- Paid attendance of workshops, conferences, and learning opportunities directly related to your field
- All those fun agency things you hear about: staff lunches, office snacks, that good coffee – when safe to do so.
- Flexible hours: do you like working from 7am-3pm? We can do that! Prefer 9am-5pm? That works too. Let’s chat about what works best for you!
- Quarterly profit sharing, if applicable to your role.
*If you don’t meet some of these requirements, but still think you’re a good fit – we hope you apply anyways so we have the opportunity to chat!
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “Digital Account Manager” or fill out our Online Application!